Company annual dinners are important functions that play a large part in all corporate planned for events. These events are not merely a way of highlighting the successes and challenges that a company has had over the past year. They are also an excellent way of ending the new year and bringing in the new one. The event hosts all the employees of a company, and may also include dignitaries and other guests.
Planning for this type of event is essential and continues until the event is finally over. Adequate planning is what will help to ensure that all guests needs are met and that everyone thoroughly enjoys the event from the beginning to the end. This is something that BGT Lakeview can help you with. There are always moments of madness that accompany company dinner events, ranging from presentations, the order of entertainment, seating arrangements and other issues that can come up. However, if a solid plan is put into place, it can help with avoiding a majority of these kinds of issues. It also is very helpful to come up with a contingency plan that can be put into action in the event there are any unexpected glitches that arise. The following are some tips that can help you get control over all of the things that you need to consider when you are planning your company annual dinner.
– Identify what the event’s objective it. This will help you know who should be invited to attend, come up with the event’s theme, locate the right venue, and properly prioritize drinks, food and entertainment.
– Gather all invitee names in advance and then send out the invitations. Review all of the replies that are received and be prepared, if necessary to send out extra invites. Don’t be afraid to chase down all outstanding invites. It is important for you to now how many people will be attending in order to make the proper seating arrangements.
– Order all the necessary napkins, beverages, food and supplies.
Figure out if you will hire a catering services and make adequate plans with the service provider on the menu for the day and the in which order the food and drinks shall be saved.
– Develop a solid plan that covers all aspects of the entertainment. It should include any invited dignitaries, key speakers for the event, and any presentations that are planned by various company leaders.
– Wait to write the table numbers on your escort cards until a day before the event. It is better to wait because seating arrangements will most likely change several times before the event. Be sure to have all of your tables planned, including your head table. It’s a good idea to develop a contingency plan in the event there are any no-shows at the head table.
– Be prepared to have to deal with some chaos when it comes to your seating arrangements. People have a tendency to get themselves seated at the wrong table. Simply have a plan for dealing with those kinds of issues. You may want to have three or four company staff members at the door to usher your guests in and seat them at the proper tables. Have a photo guest list that can help your staff be able to identify your guests without need to ask each person for their name.
– As the event is beginning, be the last one to sit down. Only sit down after you have walked around the tables and checked for empty spots, discussed eating arrangements with the catering staff, and completed the order of proceedings that has been confirmed by the individual who is directing and hosting the company annual dinner.